- Raul Gomez: reader in comparative politics at the university of Liverpool.
- Luis Ramiro: sociology and political science associate professor at the National Distance Learning University in Madrid.
They co-authored Radical Left Voters in Western Europe published in October 2022. Their research and work traces the history and sociology of left-wing voters throughout Europe in the last century.
The first episode offers a deep dive into their research to help listeners contextualise today’s political climate.
In this second episode, Raul Gomez and Luis Ramiro put their research in conversation with the 2024 European election and talk about the Radical Left’s current challenges and opportunities. They devise possible strategies for the upcoming election.
- transform! synthesis Who votes for the left, an analysis based on an Espaces Marx debate in Paris with Raul Gomez and Luiz Ramiro (November 2023)
- transform! e-dossier Identifying and deploying the conglomerate of radical left voters (September 2023)
- transform! e-dossier Who votes for the left and why: in search of our identity, which includes a contribution by Luis Ramiro (April 2023)