This conference is the first initiative taken by the new Transform Danmark network, which will be set up on February 26, 2012.
”TransformDanmark” is formed by leftwing activists, scholars, trade unionists, as well as leftwing magazines, periodicals, websites, and an educational association. It is not tied to any political party, but many of the founders are also members of Red-Green Alliance.
The immediate purpose of the conference and the network is to promote a deeper debate in Denmark on the crisis in Europe and left alternatives seen from a radical left/socialist perspective. The speeches at the conference will be followed up by plenary debates.
Saturday, 17 March:
9.00 – 10.00: Registration
10.00 – 10.30: Welcome and introduction to the transform!europe network
– Nikolaj Villumsen, MP, Enhedslisten/the Red-Green Alliance, European affairs responsible
– Jonas Söderqvist, Center for Marxist Social Studies, Sweden, introduces the transform!europe network
10.30: The Crisis in Europe
– Samir Amin, Third World Forum, World Forum for Alternatives
– Susan George, Transnational Institute
– Haris Golemis, Nicos Poulantzas Institute, Athens
16.00–16.35: Climate and Environmental Crisis – solutions
– Elmar Altvater, economist, Professor of Political Science
Sunday, 18 March:
9.30–10.40: Left Alternatives – Socialist Strategies in Europe
– Elisabeth Gauthier, Espaces Marx, France
– Kenneth Haar, Corporate Europe Observatory
There may still be changes to the programme.