300 intellectuals, trade unionists, artists and activists from all over the world, have launched an appeal uniting their voices to say: “We will defend the right of the Greek people to make their decisions freely; to break with austerity; to say ‘no’ to the humanitarian crisis which has plagued the country; to pave the way for a real alternative for Greece – for a social and democratic reorientation.”
Change4all provides an interactive and participative platform that will host the voices of the movement, endorse participation, support mobilization and enhance interaction.
“I don’t believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the other person. I have a lot to learn from other people.” – Eduardo Galeano
What can you do?
- Like Change4all on Facebook
- Pin your events, alternative media projects, actions of solidarity, demos, etc to the interactive map of solidarity
- Send updates on your local movements to the Change4all editorial team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Engange with your online community and participate, use the hashtag #change4all
"The neoliberal austerity politics imposed on Europe have made the poor become poorer and the rich become richer. The EU’s South, as well as the East, were forced into a humanitarian disaster, whereas the rest of the EU still hasn’t recovered from the crisis. Since 2010 Greece served as a neoliberal laboratory. However at the same time the country became an important scene of struggle, with solidarity initiatives and movements proliferating across the country. On 25 January the electoral victory of SYRIZA brought a new hope to the country and Europe.
This victory has a double significance:
– Respond to the humanitarian emergencies, restore social rights and reconstruct a destroyed and/or privatized production apparatus in Greece.
– Break with the pro-austerity unanimity and the hegemony of Germany’s ordoliberalism, in Europe.
We support the Greek social and labour movements, both in their struggle against austerity and their actions of solidarity. We support the Greek government fighting back austerity and resisting the antidemocratic blackmailing of the ECB, the EC and the IMF, as well as the EcoFin Council. We will continue throughout Europe to endorse and organize struggles against austerity and for democracy, while maintaining the awareness, that the change in Greece is not a threat, but an opportunity for us all."