The 4th International Conference will be held in Bilbao, on 11-13 November 21. This Conference will be organized and funded by transform! europe and the University of the Basque Country, along with Iratzar Foundation, Bilbo-Barcelona Critical Theory Group, Berliner Institut für Kritische Theorie (Inkrit) and Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, among others.
The idea of an international marxist-feminist conference was originally brought into being, and was since then continuously organized, by the feminist section of the Berliner Institut of Critical Theory (Inkrit) around the German sociologist and philosopher Frigga Haug. It was held in Berlin for the first time in 2015, followed by an increasingly international second congress in Vienna in 2016, and the third one in Lund (Sweden) in 2018.
The 4th International Conference will be held in Bilbao (Bizkaia Aretoa), in November (11,12,13) 2021. This Confernce will be organized and funded by Transform! Europe and the University of the Basque Country, along with Iratzar Foundation, Bilbo-Barcelona Critical Theory Group (BIBA CT), Berliner Institut für Kritische Theorie (Inkrit) and Roxa Luxemburg Foundation and ParteHartuz, among others (which will be made public in the following months).
SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE: Frigga Haug (Inkrit), Teresa Larruzea (BIBA CT), Özgür Günes Öztük (BIBA CT y Colletivat), Gayatri Spivak (Columbia University), Jule Goikoetxea (BIBA CT, EHU), Cynthia Arruza (New School NYC University), Monica Clua (University of Texas Rio Grande, BIBA CT), Andoni Olariaga (Iratzar Foundation, BIBA CT), Elena Beloki ( Iratzar Foundation), Nora Räthzel (Berliner Institut für Kritische Theorie, Inkrit, Umeå University) and Erika Rosa (Rosa Luxemburg).
MAIN THEMATIC POINTS
- Unions and social and political movements (including hacktivism). New networks and strategies.
- Dialogue between currents to face heteropatriarchal, racist and colonial capitalism: marxist feminism, materialist feminism, class feminism, black feminism, community feminism, decolonial and postcolonial feminism, lesbofeminism, anarchist feminism and other analytic and propositive frames.
- On Intersectionality: gender, sexuality, race, class and other intersections.
- Production of value and life: analysis and alternative paradigms.
- Territories, decoloniality, sovereignty and national liberation struggles in 21st century.
- Eco-feminism and eco-socialism.
- Bodies, discourse and dissident materialities.
- Art, esthetics, language and culture politics.
- Anticapitalist and feminist law, State and constituent power.
- Rising of the right and the new wave against feminism and socialism.
At this stage Keynote Speakers that have confirmed their participation are the following ones: Gayatri Spivak, Frigga Haug, Tithi Bhattacharya, Elsa Dorlin, Nancy Fraser, Lorena Cabnal, Silvia Federici and Francesca Gargallo. Along with round tables with Keynote Speakers, we will also have a plenary session with the Feminist Movement of the Basque Country and the new working class women associations.
We welcome papers and panel proposals by activists, academics and social movements, specifically from the feminist movement, unions, new working class associations and autonomous militant groups.
For further information click here
The inscription – which runs on first come, first serve basis – is already closed because the venue’s total hosting capacity has already been reached. However, conference, panel discussions and workshop proposals will all of them still be received and individually evaluated until the deadline is met.