Focussing on the question “What future for the European Union – Stagnation and polarisation or new foundations?”, this year’s EuroMemo Group Conference will be held from 25-27 September 2014 at the Sapienza University in Rome.
The programme will be as follows:
Thursday, 25.9., afternoon
- Opening & welcome: Alessandro Roncaglia (Sapienza University and Economia Civile)
- The political state of the Union: Susan Watkins (New Left Review)
- The economic state of the Union: Marcello de Cecco (LUISS University of Rome)
Friday, 26.9., morning:
Friday, 26.9., afternoon:
– Plenary on policy proposals from workshops
– Special plenary: Europe in the 21st century world
- The EU and the Mediterranean basin: Gian Paolo Calchi Novati (LUISS University, Rome)
- The EU and its Eastern Neighbours: Mary Kaldor (London School of Economics) invited
- The EU and the United States: Kees Van Der Pijl (University of Sussex)
Saturday, 27.9., morning:
Planning meeting: EuroMemorandum 2015 and other activities
You are invited to attend the conference and to submit proposals for contributions to the workshops in one of the following areas:
- Macroeconomic policies and the alternatives to stagnation
- Finance and the banking union
- Industrial policy and the reshaping of the economy
- Social policy and combating inequality
- EU international trade and investment policy
Proposals for papers together with a short abstract (maximum 250 words) should be submitted by 1 July. Please indicate the workshop which the proposal is intended for. If accepted, completed papers should be submitted by 1 September so that they can be read before the conference. Participants are strongly encouraged to submit short papers (10-12 pages) and to explicitly address policy implications.
If you would like to participate in the workshop, please copy the registration form below into an email and reply by the 1 July 2014 to email@example.com indicating:
– That you would like to participate, and
– Whether you wish to offer a paper for one of the workshops.
Please note that there will be a conference fee collected at the venue to cover the cost of the conference (20 Euro / 10 Euro for students / 50 Euro for participants with institutional support).
An information sheet with details about hotel bookings is attached on the right at “Documentation”.
European Economists for an Alternative Economic Policy in Europe
Marcella Corsi, Wlodzimierz Dymarski, Trevor Evans, Marica Frangakis, John Grahl, Peter Herrmann, Jeremy Leaman, Jacques Mazier, Mahmood Messkoub, Werner Raza, Catherine Sifakis, Diana Wehlau, Frieder Otto Wolf
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgInternet: http://www.euromemo.eu ——————-
Registration form for the 20th Workshop on Alternative Economic Policy in Europe
(please reply to email@example.com by 1 July 2014)
Yes, I intend to participate in the 20th Workshop on Alternative Economic Policy in Europe (25-27 September 2014 in Rome)
Yes, I wish to contribute a paper
Title of the Paper:
For the Friday-morning Workshop on:
Abstract (max. 250 words):
I would like to attend the conference dinner at the Restaurant La Limonaia on 25 September (two courses, desert and wine for €30): Yes / No